Latest updates on Job Bank
We're always improving Job Bank's website and mobile app. You can learn about our latest updates on this page.
December 2021 update
- Include a message in your job posting to specify whether you are looking to recruit only in Canada, or also outside the country.
- Include screening questions on your job posting for candidates to answer when they apply.
- Visit our new page for employers recruiting persons with disabilities.
- Find thousands of jobs from new sources on Job Bank.
- Use the new “Canadians and international candidates” filter to find jobs open to foreign applicants.
- Visit our new page for job seekers with disabilities.
- Send us detailed reports about problems with a job or an employer.
- Find the latest information about the average wages and job prospects for a specific occupation or location.
Since December 2021, you can...
August 2021 update
- Include more “How to apply” instructions on your job posting to specify what information applicants should provide (e.g. a cover letter, a letter of recommendation, a proof of certification, etc.).
- Visit the new “Surveys and reports” page from your dashboard to let us know what you think about Job Bank.
- Change your preferences to opt out of all promotional emails and newsletters sent by Job Bank.
- Access Job Bank's popular tools and resources from our new home page.
Since August 2021, you can...
June 2021 update
- Keep track of document and contact requests received from Job Bank officers through the new “My messages” section on your dashboard.
- Advertise jobs that require almost constant travel by selecting the new “On the road job” location option.
- Update your preferences to receive Job Alerts emails daily or weekly depending on your job search needs.
- Sign in to save your answers and results to Career Quizzes in your account for future use.
Since June 2021, you can...
April 2021 update
- Take our new survey about labour market information. Your answers will help us improve the Trend analysis section of Job Bank’s website.
- Visit our updated page for Indigenous job seekers, and our new page for employers looking to recruit them.
- Find information about an employer’s application for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) on their job posting.
- Use the new “Temporary Foreign Workers” filter when searching for jobs.
Since April 2021, you can...
February 2021 update
- Visit your new centralized dashboard to get a quick glance at your latest job posting activity, and find other key information about your employer file all in one place. Try customized dashboard views for users who have to manage multiple files at once.
- When selecting a preferred application method for your job posting, you can allow registered job seekers to apply by sharing their resume directly on Job Bank. Learn more.
- Visit the new “Applicants and matches” page in your employer file to preview and download resumes shared by applicants, or to browse through the list of job seekers matched with your jobs and invite them to apply.
- If you have a Plus account, you can apply for some jobs by sharing your resume with the employer directly on Job Bank. Look out for the blue “Share your resume” flag when searching for jobs, and keep your information up-to-date in the Resume Builder. Learn more.
- You can synchronize your activity between the Job Bank website and mobile app by connecting a device to your Standard or Plus account. That way, you can track all your alerts and favourite jobs from either platform. Visit the “Connect a device” tab in your user account to get an authentication code.
- Visit our improved Find a job page and discover more resources and advice to help with your job search.
Since February 2021...
December 2020 update
- Visit our improved Browse jobs page to find out what jobs are currently available, and which ones were the most popular and in-demand last month.
- Find new jobs in the pulp and paper and food services sectors from the Forest Product Association of Canada and EightSix Network on Job Bank.
- Choose to include or exclude virtual jobs and remote work opportunities when you search for jobs.
- As an employer, pick whether your virtual job or remote work opportunity will be advertised across Canada or only in a specific location.
- View newly updated low, median and high wages for occupations and locations across Canada.
Since December 2020, you can...
October 2020 update
- Input your preferred occupation and location in two separate fields to get better results when you search for jobs.
- View your most recent job searches for your current session, or sign in to your job seeker account and find a history of all your job searches in a new section of your dashboard.
- Read our new pages about Job Match and the Resume Builder to learn how to get the most out of each tool.
- Sign in as an employer to post a new virtual job, or to specify whether remote work will be offered for the jobs you're advertising.
- As an employer, advertise job opportunities available in different locations on the same job posting by using the new "Secondary job location" option. No need to create separate job postings for each location anymore!
Since October 2020, you can...
June 2020 update
- View our new COVID-19 page to browse jobs in essential sectors and access tools and resources to help you find work during the pandemic.
- Access news and reports about the labour market in your province or territory.
- Sign in as a job seeker to see the contact information for the closest employment centres right on your dashboard, and to access a detailed report of your job search activity dating back up to 120 days.
- Find jobs in the agri-food sector from AgCareers and CareersInFood on Job Bank.
- Sign in as an employer to specify if telework arrangements are available for the jobs you're advertising.
Since June 2020, you can...
April 2020 update
- Visit our new Work with us page to find information for organizations interested in collaborating with Job Bank.
- Visit our improved page for Veterans, with useful information for Veterans in the labour market and the employers who are recruiting them.
- Get better job search results by using the improved "Best Match" sorting option, which now improves the ranking of jobs that are more recent and closer to the location you searched.
- Receive Job Alerts emails once a day, instead of twice a day.
- View your compatibility score for new job matches directly in your notification emails.
- Try our modernized career planning tool to access enhanced profiles for occupations and education programs across Canada, now with more information on recent job prospects.
- Sign in as an employer to view an improved activity report for your file, which now includes information about the way job seekers interact with your postings.
Since April 2020, you can...
December 2019 update
- Read about Job Bank's one hundred year history in the new About Us page.
- More easily navigate on Job Bank thanks to our new and improved menu.
- Easily search for Employment Centers near you.
- Access Job Match through your job seeker dashboard.
- Track your favorites throughout the Job Bank website.
- When using Job Match, see what job requirements you meet for any verified job.
- Upload documents directly to Job Bank if requested.
- Specify the field of study information on a job posting.
- Add multiple operating names to your employer file.
Since December 2019, you can...
September 2019 update
- Filter out job search results from outside the province or territory where you want to work.
- Filter job search results by employment conditions and benefits.
- Find jobs from ZipRecruiter on Job Bank.
- Sort your job matches to see only part-time or full-time jobs, or to see only federal, provincial and municipal government jobs.
- Access our Resume Builder tool with a Standard account.
- Get a summary of recommended career options based on your results to our career quizzes, and filter your results by education level.
Since September 2019, you can...
Have an idea for our next update? You can share your feedback and suggestions with us.
- Date modified: